Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Potty Trained!

We are officially potty trained-excluding nap and bedtime. Potty training has been a stuggle for me. I first bought a little potty chair probably over 7 months ago. Monet went twice on it right away, then refused after that. We put little training pants on her and she peed all over the couch 2 or 3 times. We would take the cushons apart and wash them-such a pain. I figured she wasn't ready. Finally, I read some how-to stuff online and asked a few people for tricks that worked for them and we figured it out. I thought for sure I would have to take time off work, but she did it so quickly. I think she was just ready. Literally we started on like a Wednesday night, encouraging her, putting her in big girl undies, using the gumball machine (with m&ms), and stickers on her chart. We went all out. Then, all weekend we took the potty chair to the beach and let her run around in her undies at home. I am just amazed and so excited! Thank you Liz and Devon for your advice on the potty training! It seriously helped me a lot. (naked Monet after her tub-how cute!)
I looked everywhere for this. I actually never give Monet candy! I shop at the health food store, buy organic food, and try to give her food that is minimally processed-but I could care less at this point. Whatever works...and it did! Anytime she actually goes to the bathroom, she gets an m&m. If she sits and tries, she gets a sticker for her potty chart. Here she is putting a sticker on her chart. So cute.

5 comments:

Karen said...

good job, monet. smart creative mom. i think a lot of us would perform for a pink m&m. love you.

Eric and Sierra said...

Horray!! That is so awesome, good job for hanging in there. Potty training is one of those things that takes so much patience, I'm not looking forward to doing it again.
So tonight we drove out to Folsom and your sweet sister Liz took some cute pictures of Hadley and a few of all three of my boys. I am excited to see them when they are all done!!

cmarin1974 said...

What a beautiful, gorgeous creature! I wish she were my daughter. You are blessed.

Paul Deane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul Deane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.