Monday, December 22, 2008

christmas treats


I'm not sure how well these will turn up, but here are the recipes for the Christmas treats I made this weekend.  

If anyone makes the  chocolate dipped peppermint sticks: I didn't do the green food dye part.  I just layered the plain dough on the bottom and red dyed dough on top, then cut them into strips to twist.

Also, to make the white chocolate for dipping: melt 2T of vegetable shortening, then add one bag of white chocolate chips at a really low heat.






Monet obviously loved the brownie batter.  This is the 1st time I let her do that...So she was loving it.  I guess I don't make desserts like this that often.  Here she is trying to shove the spatula and whisk into her mouth at the same time.  

2 comments:

mariah said...

so cute! the person and the food. looks really good. you're so crafty.

Eric and Sierra said...

fancy treats chels, they look yummy I think that was so thougthfull of you to make those stockings for your fam, I am very impressed by the embroidered names!! Your such a little crafty mom. Hope your pregnancy is going well.