Sunday, October 4, 2009

Apple Crisp

I got a big bag of apples at the 99 cent store. They actually have produce there and I usually find kids Good Earth cereal bars and snacks there too. That's one of my favorite brands and it runs on the expensive side at my favorite health food store.
Here's a tip I learned from Rachel Ray: You can squeeze the lemon like this, so the seeds don't fall in your food.

Super easy apple crisp:

Ingredients:
8 cups firm tart apples, sliced
4 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs lemon juice
2/3 cps flour
2 cps oats
1 cp brn sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cps melted butter
(I added chopped walnuts to mine)
Directions:

preheat oven to 375 F

In 9 x 12 in baking dish, combine apples, lemon, & sugar. Set aside. Mix flour, oats, brn sugar, salt & cinnamon. Toss with melted butter until crumbly. Top apples with mixture. Bake 30-35 min or until apples are tender. Yum-easy!

2 comments:

Damaris said...

very yum

Pamela Palmer said...

Looks good. I love apple stuff. It's so fun having Mariah around. Brings back memories of when you were here. She's great.