Thursday, January 7, 2010

cheers to a new year

Just made this little beauty today.  Super easy.  Found the idea on a blog..of course I can't remember whose.  Probably one of the craft blogs on my side bar.  Yarn and a plastic lid from yogurt or something.


We went on the Huntington Harbor cruise of lights.  It was awesome.  These people go all out.  They put in some serious time lighting up their houses and the money for the tickets went to the OC philharmonics.  I want to make it a tradition.


hopes for twenty-ten:

  1. exercise more, therefor getting into better cardiovascular shape, therefor getting into better physical shape, in hopes of never again having to hear Monet say whilst pushing on my stomach, "Mommy, your tummy is squishy. he he he."
  2. actually open my paint box and create a painting...or three or four.
  3. surf more even if it means waking up earlier or surfing in not my perfect conditions.
  4. spend less $$.  Use things I already have...be more creative.
  5. write 5 whole songs.  Beginning to end.  
  6. be more patient with Monet...this is a hard one.  I tell myself that daily and then....
  7. breathe deeper.  Be more calm.  Be more positive.  Be healthy.  Eat less sugar.  Cook more. (I feel pretty positive and peaceful, but you can always be more of that.)
That's all I can think of for now.  It feels good to write hopes/goals down.  I just need a constant reminder because I forget so quickly.  Happy new year. 

3 comments:

mariah said...

good goals. i might have to steal some of them. you guys look really cute and happy

Jamie Watson said...

I can relate to so many of these! Happy New Year!!

Karen said...

i think i remember being around while you composed your first song. i enjoy your creations. we used our stockings again. santa filled mimi's and borrowed mine to fill one for jasmine. love seeing some scenes from a beautiful life lived well.