Friday, February 12, 2010

Be My Velentine--oops forgot to post this yesterday

These are my little sweet hearts.  I decided years ago, I loved Valentine's Day.  In my early 20's, I used to use any excuse to feel sorry for myself and Valentine's Day was a great one.  Eventually, I started loving being single and that love affair lasted many years.  And by single, I mean dating occasionally with no long term commitment.  Valentine's Day became one of my favorite times to make treats for all of my dear friends and family and to tell them how much I loved them (or if I happened to be dating anyone -most often not). 

This year Monet and I made coconut lime cookies which were sooo good.  We painted picture frames (99 cents at Michael's), made necklaces and decorated cards.



To find recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/  (they are listed as coconut lime stars)

2 comments:

Karen said...

i am thankful to be on your list of recipients of your valentines. great post. i thought the picture frame was life sized and that the kids were posed behind it, like at the fair. (tee hee, silly me)

mariah said...

very cute.
i thought the same thing karen did. haha