Friday, April 16, 2010

New Dress


Monet is a handful, but she is as sweet as she looks.

I made this dress.  It's lined.  It has button holes.  I learned a bunch of tricks I hadn't known before.  It's called a bubble dress and I got the pattern from the Purl Bee website (you can click on their craft blog on my list to the left).  I've had the pattern for over 2 years, but was putting if off because of intimidation.  Monet is reaching the largest size on the pattern, so I knew I had to try it soon.  It's as if the skill level was typed onto the pattern:  Way beyond your level;  be scared.  Or something like that.  I read each step several times because sewing language is one of it's own.  Then, I placed one foot in front of the other, blindly.  I felt so proud when it actually looked cute on Monet.  Not to mention, comfortable.  I'm thinking the next couple will be a breeze.  That's how it usually works.         

7 comments:

Karen said...

i looove it. she looks very pleased wearing her new dress.

Pamela Palmer said...

super cute. good job. hope to see you this summer.

Damaris said...

I love it. You are so inspiring Chelsea! I want one just like hers.

mariah said...

baby steps out of the office...
that looks amazing. i love the sleeves.

Liz said...

chels, you are so talented. you are good at everything you try like dad! monet makes a really good model too! hey, also, where did you get that fabric... it's perfect for that pattern. liz

Stephanie said...

very cute! love the fabric too! great job!

Jamie Watson said...

Amazing job! The print is so nice, too. And in later posts, your hair looks great - and I am also in LUV with coconut.