Saturday, June 19, 2010

Surfing Bolsa and other stuff

(beautiful Art by Ron Croci)
I was so excited to start up with the Mom's surf group again. So excited; It was all I could think about. I even missed Monet's doctor's appointment. I feel like I have so many things running through my mind, I have to hyperfocus on one thing so I won't forget it. Then, I forget everything else except the one thing I was hyperfocusing on. The surf was so much fun. We met up near the jetty at Bolsa Chica. Perfect easy-to-catch A frames coming in consistantly. Shoulder high. The sun was out. The water warm. One of my favorite friends arranged our meet up: Jen. I met her last year through the same group. I have a really hard time making new friends. Not meeting people, but picking up the phone or hanging out with someone I don't already know. It is so awkward for me. It's usually the other person who reaches out to me that I become friends with. I'm a closet shy person. Outwardly, I don't think anyone would notice because I love being around people and meeting people as long as other people are there. Like in a group. It's just the getting to know the person part. For me, Jen was one of those poeple I just felt comfortable with since we met.
Last summer, I dragged my parents down to Doheney because there was a swell and they happened to be in town. The waves were big. Overhead. That's why I went to Doheney. I paddled out and I see Jen. Out of everyone in the water, we just happened to find eachother. It was so fun. She is sweet and down to earth. She has two adorable little girls. Monet swam in the ocean with her oldest for over 2 hours on Thursday. After our surf session, the girls and Isaac were huddled in her RV watching the Wiggles. We're going out again Monday. I can't wait. I'll try not to hyperfocus.

3 comments:

Damaris said...

it's so hard to find time to do things we enjoy when we have kids. Good job having fun.

Jesse said...

I totally get that way about surf when I haven't been in a while. or I know there is an especially good swell on the way. Sometimes I can't sleep. It's a bit ridiculous, but it is good to have things you're excited about.

Kaity said...

I love your story. I really want to find a mom's surf group. How did you find yours?