Thursday, August 26, 2010

Doheny

Isaac has a buzz! I broke down because Isaac needed a haircut and it is such a battle to cut his hair. He just won't sit still, so I went out and bought a shaver. Now Robby wants one too.

We've been at the beach tons. Nate and Cassie in the RV.

(image from smartgirlswhosurf.com)

The surf was like this today, except bigger and there were 4 more waves coming right behind it. It was so fun. The moms group drove down to Doheny, which was the perfect choice for today. It only breaks big there once a year or so. All the kids played and had fun. I was hoping it would be good, because last week was so-so. We drove to Seal Beach, which was alright. There were a bunch of shortboarders sitting on the inside blocking the way. I didn't expect that since that break is such a longboard break. Plus, It's a hike to the beach. But, it was fun just being there. I hadn't been there in about a year. Later in the week, we went to 37th street in Newport, which is a shortboard break. I wasn't totally planning to surf and I didn't. It was too big and scary for me. So, Doheny was a pleasant surprise. Plus, a new mom came out, Alyssa. We got to surf together and that was fun. We rode a couple waves together and she's good.

No comments: