Saturday, August 21, 2010

San Onofre was Magical Friday

Not a bad view, under a grass hut

The adorable baby Dominic. He is soooo sweet.
Isaac was constantly found hovered over the food table.
Little Cassy doing some rock art.
Kindra and Dominic
Kindra took all the pictures at San O Friday. San O is a magical place. I want to spend as much time as possible there. I feel like we never know how long some of these beaches will be around as they are now. There's a pretty large nuclear power plant there that needs to be updated. The community just won a battle with a construction firm which was trying to build a toll road there. I feel like it's a constant battle to keep our earth as nice as possible.

The waves were epic Friday. The biggest ones were 6 or 7 feet. The report said 3-5 or something, but it was bigger. I start to panic when I see a wave crashing at me that is that size, but then I dive under the wave and I remember where I am. At San O the waves are soft and rolly...for the most part. It's a must to have a long board there. Once you are in the wave, when it's that big, you feel like you are flying in the air with a wall of wave behind you. And the ride lasts forever. You just float along this wave for days. Then you hop off and paddle back out and do it all over again. It's a far paddle which makes for a good workout.

I've been surfing a lot lately. Mostly at Bolsa Chica. The waves have been small, but I can't complain. The girls I surf with are awesome. The kids are so sweet and I love that everyone gets along.

1 comment:

Karen said...

i can almost feel like i am surfing as i read your well written description. miss you, dear chels. and your beautiful family.