Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Time

The kids played while we watched the surfers at the US Open. That was nice.
I am in love with my friend Cathy's boys. She scored the sweat bands and water bottle guitar at one of the venues. This is Zach.
Isaac has a serious sweet tooth. When he sees the chocolate chips in the cupboard, he freaks out.
Monet, Juliana, Christie and Logan. I love our little friends.



Monet's birthday. She clung to Robby all day. It was sweet. He's been working a lot. Summer is his busy season. Everyone wants home repairs.


Shore break. I'm not complaining. It was fun.

Same day. Super small and fun.
These two would cuddle on the couch and watch a movie. They even wanted to sleep in the same sleeping bag...but that didn't happen.

It's been a little hectic around here, but mostly fun. My parents usually stay with us for two weeks at the end of the summer. It's really the only time I see them each year. This time they came twice in the span of two weeks. They brought Grandma Carol and Mariah the first trip. My nephew Logan came along for the second trip. When Grandma Carol was here, we went down to Crystal Cove and saw all the old beach cottages there. I wish I could live in one. A little beach cottage with an ocean breeze is my dream house. We ate lunch at the cafe and I brought back a nice book with the history of each cottage along with photos as far back as they date. Monet loved having Logan here as did I. They played together the entire time and never got sick of each other. Monet's birthday party was success. We had a pinata and a mermaid cake. We ended up going to a water park in the morning, so I ran out of time to actually make a cake. Each kid got a swing at the pinata, but it was the moms who ended up cracking it open.
I've gotten to surf more than expected thanks to the surf moms group and waking up super early. I find myself calling each surf session "surprisingly fun" and I think I know why. My long board was out of commission because with the kids around, it took me extra long to fix the dings. In the mean time, I was riding my 8'2" fun board. It's super fun on any wave and I get more of a work out when I paddle on it. Other than that, we've been in the sun a lot, walking around town. Saw the band Weezer downtown at the US Surf Open for free last night. Isaac was dancing around and loved it. Their music is so fun. They played on a stage on the sand. The crowd was all around them and the huge blue ocean was the backdrop. That was rad.
Monet starts Kindergarten in 3 weeks. My heart kind of dropped when I realized how soon it was. I love my job. It payes the bills, but I don't want to have her in school all week and then be gone at work all weekend...might be looking into a new job strategy real soon...

1 comment:

mariah said...

I'm jealous of a number of things: firstly, hanging out with the cute babies. Secondly, weezer? what the heck? for free? why the devil did that happen? I wish i was there.