Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I thought this day would never come...

(First day of Kindergarten)

(Isaac wanted to be a big kid too)



(the juice box craze of the summer)


(Monet loved ballet)
I totally remember my first day of Kindergarten. I was so excited. I remember everything about my teacher (Mrs. McDonald) and my classroom, the playground and the friends I made. We would get these little cut out awards for each area of study we passed. I remember I loved learning math... Robby wanted Monet to feel special starting school, so we took her and Isaac to Knott's Berry Farm yesterday. It was all his idea and such a good one because there was hardly anyone there. There were no lines for most of the rides and they have so much to do for the little kids. Even Isaac got to ride on some rides. I'm not sure how safe that was, but he had fun. Monet's favorite ride was the scariest, biggest and fastest roller coaster for her height. She barely reached the height line. It was one of those fast roller coasters that goes upside down and spins around. She went on it four times! We got one of those pictures they take and then sell you because I forgot my camera. I'll try to post it soon.
Monet wasn't thrilled about her first day of school. She asked, "Do I have to go to Kindergarten everyday?" When I told her yes, she said she wanted to stay with me. The second day went much better. I think she was just tired from the day before.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

I love that Monet's in kindergarten, too. We'll have to compare notes. I've instituted the card flipping model they have at school to our home life, because it really works. And don't they say that it's all about consistency?