Thursday, October 7, 2010

October 2010

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just
because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.


Dalai Lama

I was visiting another blog, Kind Over Matter, on my blog roll over to the side and found that quote. I immediately liked it....then saw who it was from. I love everything he says, so it figures. Fall tried to sneak it's way in for a few days this week. It was so nice to bundle up and hear rain falling in the middle of the night. It rained for two days. Trying to fight the urge to waste time and money in the thrift store, I made a berry pie from scratch (it turned out more like berry soup with a delicious pastry crust) and two loaves of whole wheat french bread. Then, right before the rain broke, I gave in and went to Goodwill. Spent too much money. Got awesome stuff. When I was there, I saw a dirty diaper on the ground. (Only dirty with number one. It wasn't that gross) I've seen worse, so I didn't think that much of it. I came home, put Isaac down to nap. A couple hours later, Isaac woke up and was running around. I went to pick him up and noticed he felt thinner than usual. He had no diaper on...and he had peed in his little overalls. For a split second, I thought I forgot to put his diaper on or something. Then, I realized Isaac pulled off his own diaper back in the Goodwill! So sneaky.

Monet lost her second tooth. With both teeth, the adult tooth has pushed through behind the loose tooth. Super gnarly. Last night, she was eating an apple and mentioned it hurt her loose tooth. She went on to eat a piece of pizza, then I noticed something red in her mouth like blood. I said, "Monet, let me look in your mouth. I think your tooth is gone." It was gone alright...and nowhere to be found. Most likely in her digestive system. So far, we're 0 for 2. At least the tooth fairy still comes if you leave her a note.

It's already back to blue skies in the 80's. Planning on surfing tomorrow, but we'll see.


1 comment:

Karen said...

I love this glimpse of your lives and the quilt picture looks very much like some that mimi made in the 70's. Reading this makes me miss you!