Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Spring is quickly escaping us. Monet's last day of school is tomorrow. I'm feeling ready to have a break from the routine of carting the kids to school and back twice a day. But, I'm nervous to have Monet home all day with Isaac. Everyday. I'm just imagining the endless questions and requests or demands of my constant attention. We'll probably be at the beach a lot and I've signed her up for two week long Bible school camps. The churches around here offer week long summer camps for 35$. It's a steal and good social outlet. The kids do crafts, play games, sing etc from 9-12ish for one week.

We've been pretty busy lately. Having fun of course. If we aren't meeting up with the surf moms for a play date/surf session, Isaac and I have been hitting the gym. Last week I made a little Summer dress for my friend's daughter, Colbi's, first birthday. I wish I had taken a picture of it. I used a light pink surf/flower material my mom brought back from Hawaii. Yesterday, we walked over to pick Monet up from school, then walked around town and picked up some fruits and veggies from the Tuesday night market. Fresh, local produce is the best. It is so tender and sweet. June gloom is in full force this week. We actually woke up to some sprinkles today. I was planning on watching Monet and the rest of the Kindergartners' end of the year performance. Instead, Isaac decided to scream and freak out about being in the stroller. We had to leave. I tried everything. I almost started crying, I was so frustrated. Being a parent is a roller coaster ride sometimes. Monet is actually doing Kindergarten again next year. She was one of the youngest kids in the class and she didn't do any preschool. I really couldn't afford it, so I worked with her at home. There are no state subsidized pre-school program in Orange County for low income. There's Head Start, but you have to be poverty level not low income. Compared to real preschool or preppy-K, Monet was way behind. So, next year, she'll turn six a couple weeks before school and be at the top half of her class age wise.

image from here

In a few weeks, we'll be camping in San Diego. Can't wait to surf Cardiff. The last time we camped was about a year ago, if not longer.


I'm off to the store to get some ingredients for these creamy caramels. Making them for Monet's teacher as an end of the year gift. Might make some chocolates too...

1 comment:

Karen said...

Your write well, Chelsea. Hope summer is a refreshing change. When do you come North?