Sunday, December 4, 2011

zen and surfing

Life has been a little crazy lately...with the business of the holidays and now pretty sure we are moving. I have loved living a block from the ocean. It has been so nice to look out the window and see the blue sea and sunshine. It's funny how some things lay down in your life. I remember walking through the house we live in now several yrs ago when Robby was fixing it up. I told him, I couldn't believe anyone would want to live there. It's super fabulously 80's with mirrored walls and stark white carpet. Huge yellowed intercoms in many of the rooms. Then, one day when James and Robby were surfing. James asked Robby if we would like to stay there and if we could get subleasers we could pay pretty cheap rent. It was a risk, but be took it and have enjoyed the ride for almost 3 yrs now. We have grown to love our roommates like family and will miss them the most. I've been saying that I want a smaller place for a long time. One that we could make cozy and call it our own. I think there is some truth to putting your desires out there in the universe and sometimes they come find you.

Thanksgiving was nice. The food turned out amazing, but it was a little crazy too. All the kids running around. Being with people I don't know totally well. It takes me a little while to warm up to people. I think I'm just stressed subconsciously and don't totally realize it. I think I'm missing my family...

We surfed twice last week at one of my favorite spots: Blackies. The kids love it there. There was a small swell and the water was crystal clear like an aquarium. Just thinking about it makes me calm. Yoga has helped a lot too. I found these gems while I was thinking things over:





for whatever we lose (like a you or a me)

it's always ourselves we find in the sea

e.e. cummings













radical photography found heHERE






1 comment:

Karen said...

miss you too! i like your writing.