Sunday, January 1, 2012

Cheers to New Years

I follow this girl's blog. Her life inspires me to pursue my dreams and she has a positive energy which I can't help be attracted to. I used to go see her play shows in San Diego before she signed to Virgin records and her story is what dreams are made of. On her blog, she talks a lot about making changes in your life. Not just wanting them, but taking action for the dreams you have. I believe in that too. I am not disappointed in my life. I appreciate it. I love it. It's not what I imagined for myself, but that doesn't make it any less amazing. Before I had Monet, I had decided I loved my life so much and the direction it was headed, I didn't want to get married or have kids. ever. I was just getting comfortable singing and playing music in front of people. Music that I had created. I was painting and surfing, enjoying the strong bond of friendship I had around me. Traveling. I remember driving home and for just a moment, feeling sadness I wouldn't have a couple tow head kids running around me who would be a part of me forever. The thought passed quickly as the thought of how much I loved my life re-entered my head. Shortly after, I had my sweet Monet. It definitely took time to adjust. I slowly fell in love with her. Then with Robby. I wanted to enjoy every minute with Monet as I was working as well. Then we decided to love Isaac too. As he has grown, I've gained some freedom back. But, for me it's definitely a juggle between putting energy into my kids and family and finding time for myself. I am so lucky I get to exercise and surf, go to yoga. I took a painting class last year. That was amazing. I had to seriously hold back the tears the first day of class as we all went around the room and shared our experience with painting. I hadn't opened my box of supplies since before Monet was born. As far as making my own dreams happen...for now I hope my 2012 will be filled with enjoying the family I am so lucky to be in. *LUCKY* I want to enjoy every moment and teach my kids to be positive and have love in their hearts. Because they do grown up so fast. It's true. I want to be more brave with surfing. Take more pictures. I will get a legit camera this year and maybe take a class. I will go to open mic night, even if it's just once. I will paint, sing, enjoy San Onofre, use my body to it's fullest, and create.







*pictures and quote from this girl's same blog*








Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it.




Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it.




Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.





-MLK

3 comments:

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

Sounds like you know your priorities. I hope 2012 is a wonderful year for you and yours.

Karen said...

Blessed indeed and lovely through and through.

Autumn said...

Totally forgot you blog, found your address on facebook! I will have to put you on my blog so I can check on yours more often, lets surf soon!!!