Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day




Valentine's Day is not a romantic holiday for me. It's a day to celebrate love and hearts and telling others you care for them...I try to do that every day, but I do love Valentine's Day for that reason. Plus, I love making all things crafty. Lately I have been obsessed with making decorative sugar cookies. I have an amazing cookie recipe, but wasn't loving the royal icing recipe it came with. It tasted good, but would turn dull and matte after it dried. A friend of mine told me she used meringue butter cream on hers. This was my first try and I loved it. I can't wait to give these to our friends today. I just use zip lock bags for the decorative frosting and cut a little, tiny piece off the corner to squeeze the frosting out. I use a squeeze bottle to fill-in with the frosting thinned out a little.

2 comments:

Karen said...

wow!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

these are seriously fancy. I wish I lived near by.