Sunday, March 25, 2012

"Best Day Ever"














Last night after we got home from the beach, Monet told me, "If I could do one day over, it would be today. Today was the best day ever!"


That made me feel so happy. At the end of the day, I always have a little guilt in my heart with her. Monet is so sweet and I love her so much. That said, she is my difficult little sweet heart challenge. She asks me a million questions, never stops needing my constant attention, no matter how much I give her. It takes all of me to have patients with her and most days, towards the end, my patients is all gone...That's one of the downsides of living a life far away from family. We are surrounded by beauty and good friends, but it would be amazing to have loving grandparents to take over when I need a break. Just like they say, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."



In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep it simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don't try to control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present.

-Lao Tzu

2 comments:

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

Such a good quote! Maria is my hard sweet-heart. She never stops talking, asking, and needing. She is the most affectionate person I have ever encountered telling me she loves me at least 50 million times a day. She loves hugs and kisses and needs them often.

Karen said...

and great aunts to share kids with...I love your day at the beach and your feet. Also love the quote. It rings completely true. love you...