Sunday, May 20, 2012

rewarding

Been daydreaming of enrolling in a yoga teacher program here.. So pricey though..and time consuming.  Both of which I have little of, working part time and being a mom.  I've been at my job so long and am a little burnt out on it.  Although, I do still enjoy it and I feel like it's all just the state of mind you have.  I just feel like you only live once and I want to do something that is more rewarding.  Something I would be doing even if I was't getting paid.  Something I feel more connected to.  I've been working out and exercising a lot lately.  It feels so good and I feel I'm at my best when I do that.  My other thought was to go to nursing school.  I would double my income and the days are flexible like my job...but, would I be in the same position as I am now after spending two years in school to get there?  Doing something I don't feel connected to or rewarding only for financial freedom...So, these are my thoughts. 

Getting super excited for Summer.  We have a trip planned to Sacramento the last week of June.  Hopefully, we won't back out like we did with the last trip planned there.  I want to take the kids to Apple Hill, Fairy Tail Town, kayaking on the American River (starting out at Negro Bar), and somewhere with some large redwoods, but I haven't figured exactly where...possibly San Francisco too if we have time.  

I also just booked a trip for Robby and I to go to Catalina..alone! Yes!  Just two days and one night, but I still can't wait.  We're taking the commuter boat to the island.  We booked one tour that takes you to different beaches, then back to the harbor in the evening to see the flying fish action at night.  I'm debating on buying a ziplining tour only because it's expensive and I'm super cheap...But, it is our only vacation..we'll see.  Of course, we'll hike around and snorkel and explore too. We are home bodies.  Mostly because we live in a vacation spot and never want to leave.  Leaving the beach and friends can be painful.  So, actually going somewhere to explore is so exciting and rare.  We also never leave because we don't have anyone to watch our sweet babies for an extended period of time.  We have to do it during the one time per year that my parents come to visit.  Cross your fingers I don't have to hear my mom tell me how hard it was to watch our children when we get back...ha ha.

No comments: