Saturday, September 22, 2012

Dream Surf at Blackies

Isaac, my buddy, headed home after a surf mama day Thursday.  Maria and Bailey.  Ashley had Finny and Declin.  Christina with Noah and Kira.  Karen and Colbi.
Isaac and Shane at the park.  These two are sooo cute together.  They will hang out on this bench or walk the path side by side and just talk like two old men.
  My Monet.
This week flew by.  After working my 3 day weekend, Tuesday I hit the gym hard.  So hard, my legs were hurting until Thursday.  I was craving some squats and a serious sweat session after sitting for three days strait.  The rest of the week consisted of sunshine and glassy surf conditions with 3-4 foot rollers at Blackies.  The water was so clear, it was like an aquarium.  A wave would roll through and through the back was like a liquid wall of glass.  I'd be on a wave, gliding down the face and you could see a school of fish swimming through the water.  Amazing.  This earth is so beautiful. 

It's crazy how life is such an ebb and flow.  Hard times, then good.  Last week had some moments of stress for sure and I think it made this week even more appreciated.  Robby did some work, okay a lot of work, he ended up not getting paid for.  I completely blame him because he chooses to put his "friends" above all else and he doesn't think about the consequences.  He's so generous and he doesn't think, "Maybe if I spend an entire week trying to help my friend with his complicated electrical problem that I have no idea how to fix just so he can save thousands of dollars, maybe he will pay me my small hourly rate, so I can pay MY bills."  He expects his friends to do the right thing, but they don't.  Then, I have to pay his bills with my 3 days a week of income.  I start getting resentful  because it's already hard to afford the basics and I feel like maybe my parents could at least offer to help in some way.  I imagine my mom calling and saying, " Hey Chelsea, since we only see you once a year, maybe we could give you some money for a babysitter so you and Robby can have some time alone."  But, that would require us to have a relationship.  And we kind of do.... a very long distance, disconnected one.  Robby did get paid this week, so everything is back to normal.

The rest of this week was spent with afternoons at the park or at home, making dinner, soccer practice, walking downtown for Tuesday night market and homework.  Monet had some melt downs in the evening.  She's still adjusting to the long days at school.  Poor girl.  I try to take her to the park after school so she can have some fun, but I think it's too much.  I need to spend some alone time with her.  She has a soccer game today and a sleepover planned.  She is so excited.  I hope she has fun. 
Friday was heaven.  After I dropped the kids at school, I headed over to Blackies since it was so good all week.  My best friend, Chris, had a furlough day at school.  Her and our buddy, Billy, met me there.  We were suiting up, just so excited like kids at Christmas.  We couldn't remember how long it had been since we surfed together without kids.  Maybe 8 plus years.  Billy and I caught a wave together and high fived each other while we were on it.  It was one of those days you always remember.   

1 comment:

jake ostler said...

You look like locals. I'm trying to figure out where i can find the best deals on huntington beach hotels? Thanks for your help