Sunday, February 3, 2013

Surfing into 2013

Wow, where has the time gone?  The holidays flew by.  I finished up my extensions program at the yoga studio and auditioned for an internship a couple weeks ago.  I should hear any day if I got it or not.  I'm not counting on it because the competition was tough.  I was one of about 25 trying out for only 5 spots or so.  I can't compete as a yoga teacher against for instance a 5'9" model looking girl with a sexy Australian accent.  Ha!  But, it's all good.  I'll find my niche.  I'll keep trying and I start the hot yoga teacher training later this month.  My goal is to get my 200 Hour Certified Yoga Teacher Training with Yoga Alliance this year.  Hopefully, I can actually teach as well!!  I still have this little nudge inside of me that knows what I am capable of and what kind of career I can feel truly fulfilled with in life...some sort of entrepreneur for wellness, health, zen.  I bought a domain yesterday.  www.surfseasoul.com  I have absolutely no idea what to do with it.  It's like a foreign language.  I do know what I want it to look like.  That's my next goal: To figure out how to make a nice website.  It's a start.   
Anyway, these are pics from December and January which seem like a distant memory now.  We played with cousins, Robby and I got to go out on New Years!!  I'm not sure when the last time I went out for New Years was.  We walked down the street to our friend's house and told stories with old and new friends.  After a memorable ride downtown in Chuck's van, Robby and I entered the bar where our friends were setting up and made a B-line right back out.  Not my style anymore.  Way too crowded.  We walked down the pier, got some fresh air, checked out the surf and headed home.  It was a perfect night to an end of a beautiful year. 



This day was so great.  We had a stint of sunny days in January.  One of our friend's daughters loves yoga and gets the kids all in order and teaches them poses.  It was short lived because it was freezing after that for some time...and now it's sunny agian.  So it goes.

Using our Groupon at Studio Fusion.  Isaac and Monet have been loving dance class.  They've been doing hip-hop and ballet.  I think I'll sign Monet up for lyrical next time though.  It's more her style.  My sweet little babies.   

Been hitting the gym hard and loving it.  I started running last week. But, of course when the surf is good any plan for the gym goes out the window.  And, it was amazing this week!!  Thursday and Friday we surfed South Side of the pier with our surf mamas friends.  Robby and I even got to surf together Friday on his birthday.  It was so fun.  Soft perfect long waves.  Fun drops around 4 feet high.  We caught a bunch of waves together and had so many friends in the water.  Later that night we went bowling with some friends.  Good times. 
I like where 2013 is heading.  I get bummed out sometimes when I feel like dreams and goals don't happen quick enough.  I need to remember to love myself just the way I am and appreciate the present.  I also don't want to force anything in my life.  I want to do what feels natural and good.  I was debating on website names.  One that I really liked was already bought, but not published.  Apparently people do this to make money.  When I finally decided on surfseasoul and looked at it; It felt good.  I want to remember that.   

2 comments:

sienna said...

you look great! i love that pic of you with your family too. i hope you can get certified this year! that would be awesome. i wanted to do it too, but it feels like it would be so hard to find someone to watch my kids for that much time! maybe i can do it after my kids are a little older or next time that Tony can take a break from working for a little while.

good luck with you website. have you looked at squarespace.com. their templates are pretty simple and really well designed and you can customize them to get the look you are going for. it costs a little, but it might be worth it rather than building the site from scratch. although there might be other free templates out there that you can find too. Adobe has a new product called adobe Muse which allows you to build site without any coding knowledge. i think you can download a 30 day free trial.

Studio Fusion said...

Nice blogs and photos. Enjoyed your post. Studio Fusion is a new breed provides the platform to the youngsters and kids to fit body and make flexible along with many more new activities to make a day perfect and good at Huntington Beach.