Saturday, August 31, 2013

Surf, surfy, surf

Every once in a while the stars align and we have a beautiful surf day where tons of surf mamas get together and play on the beach and catch waves.  Yesterday was one of those days.  This is not even everyone.  Some of the moms were surfing.  The waves were glassy, big and fast and the water was warm.  What a great last full week of summer.  I'm so glad Maria brought her camera.  Some of these ladies have been surfing for only a couple years and they are catching head high, even bigger waves.  I am so proud of them.
 
We went to San O Wednesday night for bonfire/surf.  Last night, we watched a movie on the sand at the Newport Bay Dunes.  This summer has been great, but I am getting more excited for school to start too now.  I just remember missing Monet last year because I work all weekend, then during the week she is at school.  I'm trying to soak it all in now.  Also, my job has been on the fritz for a while as our hospital has been officially bought by College Hospital.  It is a good thing because College is financially stable and our hospital was not  But, it has also lit a fire in me to go back to school or re-evaluate my career.  I've been lazily enjoying the comfort of this job for a long time.  Nine years to be exact.  It has been so good to me.  When Isaac is in school I will have the freedom to make some changes.  I would love to make more money so I can continue to work part time and enjoy life instead of running in a hamster wheel working my life away and not getting much for it.  I already did that for several years when I worked full time and had Monet in day care.   







Me going right which is obviously uncomfortable haha.  But, who cares, I got to surf in a bikini!  That never happens.


One of my favorite pictures from San O.  At San O, there are these bunches of bamboo that people have built over the years with showers and board racks inside them.  The kids call them the jungle.  We usually get there on Wednesday evenings after five.  Robby always surfs first since he's been working all day, so I get the evening session and I love it.  The water is almost always calm.  The orange sun is setting.  When it goes down, you can see the bonfires start up on the beach, the rock wall backdrop and all these bamboo jungles and tiki huts lining the beach.  It is a magical place.
Monet's Grandma Challi made this mermaid outfit just for her.  Monet wore it all day.  Her grandma is so sweet.  I wish she lived closer.  Monet takes after her side of the family in every way. 
Just some girls at a bonfire.  No big deal. :)  Waiting from "shmores" as Isaac calls them.
I have a crush on VWs.  The turquoise one is Billy's.  He had some leftover wood from doing the floors in his house, so he did the van floor as well.  So awesome.  The van in front belongs to Dennis.  They just painted it this color.  It was red before.  They used rollers and brushes even for the chrome.  These guys are at the beach everyday.  We stop by and say hi every once in a while on our way to meet the surf mamas.  Dennis lives on 5th Street in Sunset Beach.  One day when we were at his house, we realized he saw our wedding from his window.

We did a lot of kid swapping this week.  My friend Melinda watched our kids on Monday so I could work, so we watched hers Wednesday night so she could work.  I am so greatful for good friends.  So greatful. 
Ashley's birthday.  I always debate if its worth getting a babysitter and going out.  Its so expensive and we couldn't swap babysitting with friends because most of them were going to be there.  We ate at a delicious organic restaurant called True Foods.  I got a coconut curry shrimp dish.  I have been craving shrimp a lot lately.  It was really good and it was fun to dance and laugh with friends.
Chris getting ready to paddle out at San Onofre.  She got a couple super cute wetsuits from the Billabong sample sale. 

No comments: